This policy (together with any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us via the website at www.clixifix.com ("Website"), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
You shall obtain from Your Customers any consent required in order for us to use any data supplied by Your Customers in order for us to provide the Services to you. You may choose to do this by including a privacy statement on your site which provides an opportunity for Your Customers to provide appropriate consents.
1. ABOUT US
This Website is operated by clixifix® Limited ("we / clixifix®"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08039614 and have our registered office at Durhamgate Suite 1, Green Lane, Spennymoor DL16 6FY.
clixifix® is committed to safeguarding and respecting your personal information and privacy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998 with registration number A1023248.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
clixifix® collects the following information about you when you use this Website:
- 2.1.1 information that you provide voluntarily, including but not limited to;
- (1.1.a)personal information (for example your user name, password and email address) when you or your employer registers to use the Website;
- (1.1.b) information you post when you interact via the Website (for example when you post comments on articles/ group discussions, if available);
- (1.1.c) information you provide when you contact us via the Website we may keep a record of that email or comment; and
- (1.1.d) information you provide when completing surveys for research purposes from time to time;
- 2.1.2 information transmitted by your computer when you use the Website. This may include your IP address, browser data, traffic and location data and information we receive from cookies or from our use of website analytics services.
3.HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We (or our agents or sub-contractors) may use information held about you in the following ways:
- 3.1.1 to process your registration to use the Website;
- 3.1.2 to identify you when you visit the Website including to assist with logging you in;
- 3.1.3 to provide our services and to procure the provisions of any third party services required by or for you;
- 3.1.4 to provide our service(s) to you as a user of the Website (including to send any newsletters/email updates), and to notify you about changes to our services/the Website;
- 3.1.5 to contact you for marketing purposes, unless you have withheld your consent for us to do so (e.g. by ticking the relevant boxes (for example on the log-in or registration form)), or if you subsequently notify us by email that you no longer wish to receive such messages;
- 3.1.6 to broadcast relevant advertising or messages to you when you access the Website;
- 3.1.7 to monitor the pages you access to assist in providing a better service to you;
- 3.1.8 to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- 3.1.9 to help diagnose problems with our systems and to administer the Website
- 3.1.10 for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide to you;
- 3.1.11 to contact you to ask for your feedback and comments on our services.
clixifix® uses third party service providers and partners to provide necessary hardware, software, networking, hosting, storage and related technology and services required to run the Website, which you acknowledge and accept.
The technical processing and transmission of services via the Website, which may include information you provide, may be transferred un-encrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to the technical requires of connecting networks or devices, which you acknowledge and accept.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- 4.1.1 for marketing purposes provided always that you have consented to us sharing such data with third parties by notifying us via the Website (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es) when you register or log-in) or via other communications with us;
- 4.1.2 to service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example third parties who provide technical services (including hosting, data storage, website administration and cloud support) to the Website, third parties who provide financial administration services; third parties who provide any service you require);
- 4.1.3 if clixifix® or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about users of the Website may be transferred;
- 4.1.5 to protect the rights, property or safety of clixifix® or any other third party.
We may also pass aggregate information on the use of this Website to third parties but this will not include information which could be used to identify you.
5. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You will only receive communications from us or third parties if you have consented to this (for example by ticking the relevant box(es) on the Website) in any communications with us.
You have the right at any time to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communications, please contact us at [email@example.com] or by post to the Data Controller, clixifix® Limited, Durham Gate Suite 1, Green Lane, Spennymoor, DL16 6FY.
6. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to gather aggregate information. We may also use such aggregate information to help us and/or advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you/any individual.
7. STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Although we will try and protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent access by unauthorised persons and any unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Website may contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites will have their own privacy policies that will govern the use of any personal information you submit whilst visiting these. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the privacy practices of such third party websites. Please check the policies before submitting any personal information to these websites. Your use of third party websites is at your own risk.
9.ACCESS TO INFORMATION
We aim to keep any personal information we hold up to date, accurate and error free. Please help us to keep your information accurate and up to date by notifying us of any relevant changes in the personal data we hold about you. You can also ask us to correct any personal data we hold about you.
You have certain rights to see information we hold about you. Any request for such information may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with such details. Please contact us if you would like further information on this.
10. Transfers outside the EEA
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, unless you have notified us to the contrary, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area including (i) countries that have been designated by the EC as having an adequate level of protection; (ii) countries that have a bilateral Safe Harbor agreement with the EU; (iii) where the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and you or for implementation of measures taken in response to a request by you (iv) to a recipient with whom we have contractual arrangements ensuring an adequate level of data protection; (v) to recipients who we have determined have an adequate level of data protection following a risk assessment taking into account factors such as the nature of the data being transferred, how the data will be used, the laws and practices of the recipient’s country and the ability of data subjects to enforce their rights and obtain redress. We will obtain consent to transfer to any recipient outside the European Economic Area that we do not consider fall within the above categories and do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy.
In particular we use a cloud application platform and support services provided by a third party provider who (and whose servers) are based outside the EEA, (currently in the US). We take reasonable endeavours to ensure that any such third parties provide an adequate level of protection in relation to any information you provide.
Our current website service providers, include a US based hosting company Heroku Inc (more information including their privacy and security policies can be seen at www.heroku.com).
By submitting your information you consent to any such transfers of any information outside of the EEA.