We are hiring a Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
We are Team clixifix® and we are definitely a little bit different (good different). Hopefully, so are you.
clixifix is one of the fastest growing property technology start-ups in the UK, and our mission is to simplify customer care software in the construction sector.
This is an opportunity to join a Venture Capital backed company executing on an ambitious growth plan in the Proptech and Contech SaaS space, that has seen 100% sales growth year on year.
The successful individual will be joining a highly successful and ambitious senior leadership team who have disrupted their sector and achieved rapid growth.
Following recent investment, growth plans for the business are significant and the CTO position is being created to ensure that our technology strategy is capable of supporting and accelerating our growth.
Our people are our most valuable assets and we work hard to make sure every employee is given the freedom, tools and support to do their best every day.
Based at ‘The Evolve Building’ in Rainton Bridge, Houghton Le Spring we’re building a world class SaaS business, solving the challenges for construction customer service teams whilst turning ‘good moments’ into ‘great’ by sharing best practice.
This is a chance to join the founding team at ground zero, to put a story on your CV that changes your life, but more importantly to be part of a team that live and breathe SaaS and customer service, committed to making the very most from this unbelievable opportunity.
We don’t promise unlimited away days and free doughnuts, but we do promise the rewards, opportunities and recognition are limited only by talent and ambition.
If you want to join a start-up that isn’t just playing at this, that can change your life, and you have the right attributes (which are more important than experience) to thrive in such an environment, you may well be a clixifix® person.
The CTO will be responsible for selecting and implementing suitable technology and platforms to streamline internal operations, optimise customer experience and provide an infrastructure platform from which the business can continue to scale.
· Further develop a product that not only delivers the customers’ goals, but also supports self-serve on-boarding and ongoing maintenance and support and reducing technical debt.
· Work closely with the CEO and Board to identify opportunities and mitigating risks for delivering upon the company’s long-term vision and product roadmap.
· Own the budget, resource and infrastructure requirements to deliver upon the roadmap and vision of the company.
· Grow and retain an enthusiastic and highly skilled internal team and managing outsourcing opportunities where appropriate.
· Identify the right skills, experience and timings for team growth.· Maintain a well-planned, safe and efficient agile workflow process.
· Establish integrations / strategic partnerships within existing ecosystems in the proptech and Construction tech sector.
· Work with other senior management to develop data and dashboards and metrics that will inform strategic and operational decision making.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· Demonstrable leadership record as Tech Lead / CTO.· Experience building and scaling software and engineering teams within a start-up or rapid growth business.
· Customer facing – excellent management and presentation skill, liaison with wider stakeholder groups including senior leadership stakeholders on client side and investors where appropriate.· Have experience of implementing technology solutions into non-technical environments.
· You will be passionate about tech and ability to be hands-on.· Comfortable with Development, DevOps, Project Management, Code Reviews and Testing.· Proven track record of working in a tech start up, scale up or spin off company.
· Strong team leadership skills and mentoring experience.· You will have built products and taken these from inception to commercialisation.
· Ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to non-technical and technical members internally and externally.
Advantages (but not essential):
· Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable Ruby on Rails application
· Experience with Postgres RDB.
· Exposure to Heroku Cloud Platform.
· Experience and understanding of MVC, REST, API’s
· Salary from £80,000 to £100,000 per annum (depending on experience).
· Bonus and Equity opportunities.
· Remote working with occasional travel to meet with the team when needed at Head Office in Co. Durham.
· 26 days paid annual leave + public holidays.
· Professional development support.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
clixifix® can only accept applicants who are currently located in and entitled to work in the UK.
No agency contact will be acknowledged.